Service Hour Opportunities
THANK YOU for choosing to volunteer at Queen of Peace School. Volunteers represent hours of personal energy, dollars not represented in the operating budget and the talents and expertise that truly advance our goals, programs and projects. Our volunteers are visionaries, motivators and workers. We treasure each and every one of you!
Print Files Here…
Documents in the Adobe Acrobat® PDF format require the use of the Adobe Acrobat Reader®, Click here to download this free program.
Persons may not begin service to the school until:
- Background check information authorizes them to volunteer at our school and in other parish children’s ministries, and they have attended an annual volunteer inservice offered by the school.
- Queen of Peace School volunteers must carry a current Archdiocesan Background Check card and are asked to wear their family badge or a visitor badge while on our school campus. Please sign in and out in the Volunteer Log located at the Sign-in Center in the school lobby. This is a safety precaution which is necessary for the school staff to account for everyone who is in the building.
- While at the desk, be sure to record your SHARE points on a regular basis.
ADDITIONAL VOLUNTEER INFORMATION:
- Check in with the duty teacher for special classroom instructions and/or playground rules. School staff members will provide the volunteer with clear directions for all tasks. We urge the volunteer to feel comfortable to ask questions and seek clarification. When a volunteer works with children, please circulate among all the children, not just your own child.
- Please check with the specific teacher before your volunteer time regarding bringing your preschool child into the classroom. Some volunteer jobs are just not compatible with younger children.
- You are invited to join us in worship and attend assemblies when you are on campus.
- The school relies on volunteer commitments. In instances of illness or an emergency, a telephone message to the school is greatly appreciated. If possible, volunteers are asked to call someone to replace them.
- The volunteer is expected to respect and enforce the school rules. Respect for the privacy of others is essential. School volunteers must not share information regarding individual students, staff members or any school records or files.
- The staff workroom is available for projects. The staff lounge and the hallway restroom are reserved only for the staff .
- Any printed material going home to students or their family must be approved by the principal.
SUPERVISION OF FIELD TRIPS
- All school rules apply, unless the principal has explicitly stated otherwise.
- Chaperones are to stay with their assigned group.
- We want you to enjoy the outing but ask that you remember your first responsibility is the safety of the students.
- A Driver Information Sheet must be on file in the school office for all drivers.
- There are to be no side trips or stops during the field trip.
Each two-parent family is required to contribute 30 units of volunteering per school year. Each single-parent family is required to contribute 15 units. At least HALF of your SHARE units must be earned by participating in a FUNDRAISING event. If you are unable to contribute your time or talent, you have the option of paying $50 per remaining SHARE unit. Each unit is equal to approximately 1 hour or $50.
SHARE PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES FOR VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers organize and produce this major school fundraiser.
Date: TBA: Early in the Fall.
CAMPAIGN FOR EXCELLENCE
Volunteers are needed for preparing a brochure and the C for E mailing.
Date: October – March
CAMPBELL SOUP and FLAVORPAC LABELS plus GM BOXTOPS
Save those coupons! Volunteers count and bundle the redeemable labels.
CARNIVAL HARVEST FESTIVAL
Volunteers run and organize this PTC fun social event.
Volunteers assist this parish ministry as pre-school catechist, classroom aid, room parent, special events helper, home tasks helper, Liturgy of the Word leader or aid, receptionist. Click here for more information.
Date: September – May
Volunteers are scheduled and directed by the individual teachers. Please see sign up forms at each classroom.
Volunteers participate in a process that attracts persons to help QPS pursue the goals and vision outlined in the master plan.
END OF YEAR FIELD DAY
Volunteers assist with a great day of play and treats at the end of the school year.
Date: May or June TBA
GRANT WRITING RESEARCH
Volunteers research and match funding resources available for our school needs.
Volunteers are occasionally needed for organizing or hosting social gatherings.
Volunteers help serve daily hot lunches and milk.
COUNTRY RELAYS and DAILY P.E. CLASSES
Volunteers help the PE teacher with seasonal skill building and practices.
JUNIOR GREAT BOOKS
Volunteers are trained to help students enhance their reading skills.
Date: January – May
Volunteers contribute to an orderly library; assisting with inventory, housekeeping and the annual book fair.
Volunteers, directed through the PTC, help new–to-the-school families settle into the parish and school communities.
Volunteers help decorate, make sets and costumes for the Christmas, fall and spring music programs.
Volunteer keeps current a year-of-pictures (photos provided) in the school foyer.
Volunteers are needed for each morning and lunch recess to help teachers monitor the students on the playground or in the classroom.
Volunteers keep current information on the reader board.
ROOM PARENT REPRESENTATIVE TO THE PARENT CLUB
Volunteers represent the classroom parents, teacher and students in the greater school activities and involvement.
- November 13, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- New parents are invited for a meet and greet 6:00 p.m.-6:45 p.m. and the business portion will take place 6:45-7:30 p.m.
- December 11, 6:00 p.m. – 7 :00 p.m.
- January 15, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- February 19, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- March 11, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- April 16, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- May 21, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Volunteers help with various office duties, filing, running errands, etc.
SHARE PROGRAM TRACKING
Volunteers track SHARE points entered in the SHARE Point Book.
SPRING PLANT / FLOWER SALE
Volunteers order, setup, sell and break down the sales area.
Date: First Week of May
STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK
Volunteers, working with the PTC leadership, plan a variety of special niceties throughout the week.
Date: May date TBA
Throughout the school year, parents may bring in their child’s outgrown uniform clothing so that other students may use them.
HOME VOLUNTEER SUGGESTIONS
- Campaign for Excellence
- Campbell Soup Labels
- Graphic Design
- Grant Research
- Teacher directed projects
- Occasional office jobs